Treatment of a pulmonary embolism requires immediate and targeted therapy not only to resolve the embolism but also to prevent its recurrence and progression. Our medical team has the experience to provide this customized care. Treatments performed at Temple include:
- Drug therapy with a blood thinner or anticoagulant
- Thrombolytic therapy to resolve the clots
- Inferior vena cava filter to prevent the migration of clots
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis (EKOS) including enhanced thrombolysis ultrasound
- Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) is the surgical procedure for treatment of CTEPH. It is a highly complex procedure that should only be conducted at an experienced center. Temple is one of the only centers on the East Coast that handles a high volume of surgeries each year for CTEPH.